THE ENTREPRENEURIAL EXPERIENCE
Closely involved with laboratories, research and innovation, the Technology Venture Master’s Program aims to be one of the top European launchpad for technology startups.
The projects and missions assigned throughout the program are designed to present the student with real-life business situations.
Along the 2 years of the program, student are repeatedly exposed to real opportunities and put in the role of creating a startup, with the intent that many of the projects will continue to be developed beyond completion of the degree.
We list below as an illustration, some project based courses, where student work on real opportunities:
M1: Opportunity identification and validation
- "From science to opportunity"
- Introduction to Technology ventures
- Introduction to rapid prototyping and design thinking
- Basics of coding and software development
- introduction to Big Data and Machine learning
M2: Project development
- Learn2launch at UC Berkeley
- Entrepreneur in residence
Coaching with real entrepreneurs
In the course of most of these module, project are being coached by expert and seasoned entrepreneurs, who help walking the students through the challenges they are confronted to and also get them to understand the "art of questionning" that entrepreneurship is all about.
Every month, at the a Fibre Entrepreneur – Drahi X-Novation Center, some pitch event are being organized where every student can come on stage and present their project to the audience. This allows them to get direct feedback from the audience and the jury, but also to network with participant for building their team.
Networking is of course a key part in the entrepreneurial process. Students are constantly exposed throughout the program with many high level networking opportunities, working with seasoned entrepreneur as coach, meeting other during master classes and conferences. But the network also consist in offering students, opportunities for when the program ends :
- A FIBRE ENTREPRENEUR – Drahi - X Novation Center: the Master works closely with all the programs for incubating, accelerating startup projects, adn the resources that are available in the Drahi Novation Center..
- Silicon Valley Fellowship Program: a 50k$price plus coaching, mentoring, acceleration services and funding for selected best startup projects.
- The Refiners: an acceleration program, designed by french entrepreneurs based in San Francisco. Polytechnique is an academic partner..
- HAX: a hardware accelerator based in Shenzen, working in close partnership with Polytechnique.
- Agoranov: a leading technology incubator in Paris, where many world successes have been bult (Criteo, Aledbaran, etc.).
- Polytechnique Mentoring program: ârtnering with the MIT Venture Mentoring Services organisation, Polytechnique will soon launch a mentoring program, that will contribute to expand the resources, experiences and skills that are devoted to supporting startup projects